If you’re looking for design, print, marketing or website services you’re literally spoilt for choice, we fully recognise that. There is however a bit more to it when it comes to choosing a supplier for your design or digital needs.
If you’re looking for design, print, marketing or website services you’re literally spoilt for choice, we fully recognise that. There is however a bit more to it when it comes to choosing a supplier for your design or digital needs. Options you may run across will roughly fit into one of these categories:
Very common and often enthusiastic individuals having a go at making their way on their own, or just earning some extra money on the side with self-taught skills.
- Works in their spare time
- Quality could vary massively
- Turnaround times can be lengthy
- Limited access as they’ll no doubt have a regular day job.
An individual who is trained / skilled at their particular trade; be it design, websites, marketing etc who has a lifestyle business providing their particular service.
- Often skilled in a specific area
- Quality of work normally good
- Independent, often little support for other related areas
This could be an agency that has chosen to focus on their trade to the exclusion of other related work. Will often produce highly polished results at the expense of higher prices.
- Great at what they do
- Often unable to provide supporting services themselves
- Can lead to using several different partners for your needs
- Can be higher priced
Full service agency
An agency capable of performing a variety of related tasks, often they’ll employ a range of designers, developers and marketers to provide a complete service to clients
- Lots of related services in house
- Competitively priced as they don’t focus on a single area
- Choose the right one and you’ll only need a single supplier
A larger agency that may have several offices / branches, perhaps even in multiple countries. Top quality work, but at the highest prices.
- Able to supply any requirements regardless of size
- Offers support through account managers and extra reporting
- Be prepared to pay handsomely to support the large teams and extra staff
This is only a brief summary, often the lines are blurred between these but it gives you an idea how much of a difference there is between a hobbyist that can design a logo, and a large multinational company offering digital solutions, however it can be hard to differentiate based on their websites alone. Choosing the outfit that’s the best fit for your needs can be crucially important, each have their specialities and drawbacks.
We consider ourselves to be a full service agency as we’ve got a team able to tackle marketing, design, digital, social and website projects. We think this is the best balance between offering a wide range of services and being able to offer these at a great price to customers. Often our clients start with simple logo or design services and come back to us for other items as they need them, we might build a website for them at a later date, or launch a social media marketing campaign for the client.
Whichever way you decide to go, we’d be happy to sit down and talk to you about what you need, where your company is going and what it might need in the future. There’s no charge for advice and no pressure to use our services. Our staff are knowledgeable and friendly, we’re very passionate about what we do and derive great pleasure from helping local business’ in particular.
Get in touch today!