As business owners, we have lots to learn about running a successful business, finances, marketing, recruitment, social media, and other essential daily tasks.
Then, when the above starts to sink in, somebody mentions a website and the content required to build one.
A long list of questions usually follows this, but the common ones are.
- How do I plan my Website?
- What CMS should I build my Website on?
- Website content, what is that?
- What is SEO?
- Where do I start with website content creation?
I could go on listing questions, but I'm sure you will have your own.
Regarding your website content and knowing what you need on each page, we can help.
Our easy to use and helpful steps to creating your Website copy are as follows:
- Grab a notepad and pen.
- Sketch out a table and title a column with the name of your webpages you desire
- Under each title, write down key points that each page needs to cover. e.g. intro video, intro text, client testimonials etc
- Complete this for all pages
- Highlight what can be done in-house but also look to outsource certain website content such as photography, video, design support. This can help in the long run but also guarantee a professional result.
- You will now have a clear website content plan.
- Place these steps into a calendar and use this to keep you accountable for completing your website content plan. (PS Your web developer would love this)
Creating website content is an ongoing process. Once your Website is live, it still needs to be updated with additional content. Search engines love to see fresh, helpful content relevant to your services and products. This builds trust and authority and, therefore, positively impacts your Website search engine positioning.
Well written and structured website content plays a vital part in a website's success and ability to convert web visitors into clients. Marry this with an intuitive design and easy to use customer experience. There is a recipe for success.
Making a website is a skill but making a website convert is a whole different beast.
If you are considering a refresh of your website content or are looking to build your first Website, our team are always on hand to give advice and support.